Sunday, February 7, 2016

Again

Maysen has been working on a scholarship application.  It would be an amazing scholarship if she was awarded it.  This is what I chose to fast about today.  Maysen chose this as well.  I mentioned to her she should also include as part of her fast help to know who to ask to do the recommends.  (Not sure that last sentence completely made sense.....) Anyways, in Gospel Doctrine she mentioned to me she wanted to ask Brother Kimball to give her a recommend.  I was surprised because he hadn't crossed my mind at all.  He did teach Maysen in Sunday School for almost four years.  I thought he would be a fantastic choice. Maysen talked to Brother Kimball at church and then we went over to drop off the documents after church.  We talked to him and his wife for awhile. On the way home I mentioned to Maysen about what a good idea that was and I was glad she thought to ask him.  Maysen said she was glad I encouraged her to add that as part of her fast because she felt inspired to ask him.  I don't know whether Maysen will get this amazing scholarship or not, but I am glad she has had such a positive experience working on it so far.

My family came over today for dinner and the Super Bowl.  My dad made delicious Hawaiian haystacks.  I did not do go on the 'no sugar' as I ate lots of things.  Mostly the haystacks and Sam's rice krispie treats. We watched the first half of the super bowl and recorded the rest for later.  Bubs and my dad went home during halftime.  We played a game of Risk Legacy.  Usually the games are quick, but this one took awhile. The Super Bowl actually was over before our game ended.  Whoops.  I won the game, so it was worth it.  Matt, Sam and I then watched the rest of the Super Bowl.  I was rooting for the Broncos, so I enjoyed the game.  We watched Peyton Manning's interview afterwords. When he was asked if he was going to retire he said something like, "I'm not thinking of that now.  I just want to hug my wife and my kids and drink a Budweiser."  Sam and I looked at each other and said, "What happened to I'm going to Disneyland?"

At some time during the day when my family was here I was looking for Stockton.  I found him laying on his bed. . . which was now broken . . . again.  I asked him what happened?  Was he jumping on the bed?  No. Was he bouncing on the bed?  No.  What happened?  Stockton said he came in the room and heroically dove for his water bottle and when he landed the bed broke.  BOO!!!  Stockton slept on it like this tonight.  I wonder how long he will do that before Mike gets a chance to fix it with him.  We are incredibly busy this next week, so it might be awhile.  I'll have to ask him if he is sore in the morning.
Stockton's unmade broken bed
I totally forgot to write about the coolest thing that happened on Sunday.  Serves me write for being a day behind.  Anyway, Stockton was ordained a priest on Sunday.  My dad came and met us outside the bishop's office at the end of our meeting block.  It is going to be really weird listening to Stockton bless the sacrament, but I'm excited for him.  He was scheduled to do it next week, but we will be at the cabin so Stockton will need to wait one more week for this.  Life is moving so fast!

No comments: