Friday, January 8, 2016

Winter Wonderland

I awoke to a winter wonderland.  It is so beautiful outside.  I was seminary carpool today, so I started the snowblower pretty early.  I worked for about 45 minutes until I needed to take the girls to seminary.  I wasn't able to get the car up the driveway.  I really wish we had a flat driveway, winters can be frustrating.  I worked outside for about another hour before Mike came out and found me.  I was almost done so he was able to get the car up the hill.
I volunteered in Preston's class today.  I finally got a regular recurring volunteer gig.  I just forgot to tell Preston about it.  He was so excited/confused to see me.  I think he thought I was checking him out of school.  I'll be able to come each Friday.  Nothing fancy, just correcting tests.  It will be easy and Preston will like it.

Maysen dropped off her job application today.  Fingers crossed.  I think she has a great chance at getting this job, I just hope her application gets looked at!

We had a parent dive meeting tonight down in American Fork.  I had kind of been looking forward to it because I assumed I would drive down there with Allison, Josh's mom.  It was not as fun driving down by myself in the dark while it was snowing.  I didn't realize Mike was supposed to come with me.  We are planning on what needs to be done to host regionals at the end of April.  I guess it's a pretty big deal.  I am in charge of making signs, like 'only divers allowed beyond this point'. I also need to make lanyards for the coaches and divers.  That's going to be the hard one.  They are anticipating between 50-60 coaches.  I got home around 10:00 and once again I couldn't get up the driveway.  I called Mike from the house and he came out to help me.  We ended up deciding to leave the car there.  We are heading down to Provo again tomorrow for Stockton's first high school meet of the season.  I hope he has fun!

No comments: