Tuesday, January 26, 2016

University of Utah

I picked Maysen up after physics and we headed straight to Salt Lake. We had a tour of University of Utah scheduled.  It ended up being only us and one other prospective student.  That student was about four years older than Maysen.  The tour lasted about 2 1/2 hours and was a lot of walking.  I'm glad the weather was nice.  I would not have enjoyed that at all if we were walking in the rain!  Unless it was light warm rain like we had all the time in Seattle.  The housing looked nice as well.  It is where the athletes stayed during the 2002 Olympics.  Our tour guide said, "So you could actually live where Michael Phelps stayed."  I asked, "Wasn't it the winter Olympics that was held here?" Well, it wasn't really a question because I knew the answer but I thought someone should let her know that there was no way Michael Phelps stayed here.  Then I mentioned Michelle Kwan might work better for that comment.  Maysen seemed to like the tour but did think it was just a bit too long.

After the tour Maysen wanted to go to Target to get Stockton a birthday present.  I put Target in the GPS and we started towards it.  The GPS took us close to City Creek and said we were there.  We had no idea where to go.  If there was a Target there it was probably in a big building.  I was looking for a place with a giant free parking lot.  We decided to go to the one by our house instead.  We picked up a few things for Stockton's birthday then went straight home.  As soon as I walked in the door Preston asked if we could go to his spirit night at Zupas.  Stockton and Jorja had their youth night so I thought I would order pick up.  I took everyone's order and called only to get an answering machine that said they have sold out of pick up orders for the day.  Weird.  Turns out that the school deal is for eat in only anyways.  So, Stockton and Jorja were left to fend for themselves and I took Maysen and Preston to Zupas.  Preston liked that a lot.  It was the first spirit night we have been able to go to all year.

No comments: