Friday, January 29, 2016

Switching Teachers

I volunteer on Fridays in Preston's class.  Just easy stuff like correcting spelling tests.  When I got to school they were in the middle of an assembly.  I found Preston's teacher and she asked if I could correct her 5th grade papers.  I was a bit confused.  Preston spends 1/2 of his day with Mrs. Redd his English teacher and 1/2 of his day with Ms. Wu his Chinese teacher.  The other 3rd grade class spends 1/2 of their day with Ms. Wu and 1/2 of their day with Mrs. Tomalison.  Mrs. Redd and Mrs. Tomalison have only been working 1/2 days, which has worked out well for them.  Anyways, I guess a 5th grade teacher quit at Christmas because she was getting married.  Mrs. Tomalison and Mrs. Redd now split her class.  Yikes!  I feel bad for the 5th graders.  They lost their main teacher, now they will have two different teachers who are used to the 3rd grade curriculum.  Not only that but every month they switch which class goes to Chinese first and which class goes to English first, so this class will switch when they see their teachers as well.  Hope everyone has a good experience, at least these two teachers are really good.  Well, Mrs. Redd is, I have no idea about Mrs. Tomalison.

I asked Sam over Christmas if I could be one of her readers.  I got my first manuscript today.  It is a test manuscript.  I'm excited and a little nervous.  I read their example of a 5 star review.  I know I am not as detailed oriented as that person!  I just don't notice things.  Mike likes to tell me it is because I'm a Millburn.

No comments: