Monday, January 4, 2016

Passing Dad

The kids had their first day back to school.  Mike also had his first day back to work in a long time.  I spent my time doing laundry and getting tickets to the Provo City Temple open house.  I also met Maysen at school and had an appointment with her counselor.  Maysen decided to keep taking early morning seminary.  Her counselor is not going to make her put a class in her fourth period slot.  Maysen's pretty happy about that.  After Maysen went back to class I talked to her awhile about Stockton's schedule.  It is so confusing!  He has been doing the technology pathway.  Ms. Court told me today that they are ending that program.  They will be having an engineering pathway.  Hopefully we are happy with that.  Lots of decisions to be made.

We worked on the Motors Away adventure for scouts.  Crew only has two weeks left.  Hopefully we can finish it up next week.  I have had such a good group of scouts, it is sad to see them leave.

Mike and I made Rudolph pancakes.  We wanted to make these for Christmas, but I left the eyes and nose home.  Matt and Sam gave Mike and I several different cooking mixes for Christmas.  These pancakes are s'mores pancakes with marshmallow syrup.  They were delicious! Maysen even liked them.  She says pancakes are usually too dry for her, but these were pretty good.
We didn't have enough pancake batter to make Mike and I a mini pancake that the nose sits on, so our Rudolph pancakes were one big one.  Still delicious though.
 Jorja was so excited when she saw the Rudolphs.
 Preston
 Stockton
 Maysen
 Stockton & Maysen
Stockton thinks he has now passed Mike in height.  I think he might be right.  They measured several different ways.
Mike & Stockton
Standing next to each other
 Back to back
 Arm span
 Closer look on that arm span
Stockton was quite happy.  We ended the day watching the movie Home.  Maysen and Jorja have been wanting us to watch it with them for quite awhile.  I guess they watched it together when we went to Vegas for the diving competition.

No comments: