Monday, January 25, 2016

Mouse Trap Dragsters

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time and it did not disappoint!  Jordyn moved back to Utah!  I am so happy!  Jordyn and Heather both work in Salt Lake.  Today I met them for lunch at Blue Lemon.  The food was delicious and the company was even better. Hopefully this becomes a tradition!
Heather, Stephanie, Jordyn
We finished up our Motor's Away adventure today.  We were supposed to make cars that would be powered with something other than a motor.  The example in the scout book was to make a car powered by a balloon.  That sounded a lot like a craft and I did not like this idea one bit!  I asked Mike a few weeks ago if he could help me with it.  He said he would.  Although because Mike is Mike he wasn't going to do a boring balloon powered car.  Nope.  These cars were going to be powered by mouse traps!  The boys loved them!  Today was Brady's first day at scouts.  It is actually his birthday today.  What a fun scouts to start with!  I sent his mom this picture during the meeting.
Brady
It was cute because I know Brady was not excited at all about coming. His mom sent me a text afterwords saying he is now hooked for life! Yikes!  That is a lot of pressure to live up to!  Too bad Mike isn't always their leader.
Mike, Eli, Burke, Brady
 Luke, Brady, Eli, Burke
Too bad Crew isn't in our den anymore, he sure would have loved this!
Mike and I were a bit exhausted after scouts that we completely forgot about Family Home Evening.  Whoops!

No comments: