Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Just Your Wife

Mike likes to monitor things at the cabin.  This morning he told me the temperature, it was pretty cold.  Soon after that he got an alarm on his phone that said there was water on the floor.  He has a water sensor by the pipes.  Mike wasn't sure if it was a false alarm or if water was gushing everywhere.  Stockton is planning on taking a few friends there this weekend and Mike didn't want him to walk into a big mess.  Mike decided to drive up to the cabin after work.  He got there pretty late.  I haven't talked to him since he arrived, but he sent me messages that said everything is fine, some frozen pipes but no flooding.  Mike is planning on working from the cabin and then he will come home late tomorrow.

I had a fun late birthday lunch with a few of my friends.  Becky set it up and we went to Corner Bakery.  Jacqui and Camee were also there.  It's weird that it has been almost an entire year since we served in Young Womens together.  I really miss interacting with them on a regular basis.

Mike ordered me a fancy new phone.  My old phone has been cracked for years.  It worked great until recently.  I missed many, many text messages.  I know because some of them would come through on my computer.  Also my entire contact list disappeared.  It wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few hours.  Several things that started being really annoying.  Now I have a nice new phone.  It is pretty big, so I hope that was a good decision.  Every time I complained about my phone Mike would answer, "Just tell me big or small."  I finally decided on big and he ordered me one right away. Mike had it set up for me when I arrived home from diving.

Stockton did a few great 2 1/2s off the three meter today.  They are starting to look really easy for him.  On the way home from diving we stopped and got free chicken sandwiches with my Jazz tickets from Chick-Fil-A.  Stockton then hurried and got ready for Young Mens. They were playing kickball in the snow.  Stockton said it was pretty fun. The best part was riding home.  Burke was taking him and Johnny home.  As they were driving Burke rolled down the window to yell something to the Bingham girls.  Something like, "You better be safe!" Burke is always joking around with people.  Johnny got mad and in a super serious voice chastised Burke, "You can't yell at everyone!" Stockton told him he could because he had a beard.  Johnny said, "No! You can only yell at your wife and your son!"  That made everyone burst up laughing.  

I took Stockton to diving today instead of Thursday because Mike got Jazz tickets for us on Thursday in a suite.  That will be fun.  Mike told me where the tickets were in case he was in an accident and died, then I could still go to the Jazz game.  Haha.  Except that would be sad.

No comments: