Saturday, January 30, 2016

Bye-Bye Dr. Who

I have wanted to watch Dr. Who with my family.  I put it on my kids chore list so they have to watch it with me.  We took a long break because things have been so hectic, but we started again today.  We are only in the middle of the 2nd season.  I didn't start really liking the series until a lot later.  For sure not until Rose was not his companion anymore.  Well, when we watched it today there was a message that popped up saying Dr. Who was leaving Netflix on February 1st.  NO!!!!! I am not happy about this at all!

Jorja and I cleaned out the fridge today and it looks so good!  It was a lot more fun to clean it out with her than by myself.  I took Maysen and Stockton shopping at Costco today.  On a Saturday!  It wasn't super crazy because the snow must have kept a lot of people home.  I signed up to bring 90 lunches to the homeless shelter on Tuesday.  Maysen and Stockton are helping me with this for NHS service hours.  They even paid $40 each for all of the food.  We are also going to do this with the scouts on Monday.  Service hours for everyone!

Speaking of snow, there is a lot of it outside.  I went to my exercise class this morning and was fine, but I got stuck coming up the big hill by my house.  I called Mike and woke him up.  He hurried to come and help me.  Doug Brady and Kirk Withers stopped to help me.  Doug was wearing flip flops.  I teased him about them.  He said, "Really?  You're going to make fun of me when I'm trying to help you?"  That made me laugh.  Doug backed the car all the way down the hill and then made a run for it.  He drove up the wrong side of the road because it wasn't as icy.  Too bad cars started coming down so he had to switch sides and got stuck.  Mike came soon after with a rope thing.  They hooked it from my car to Kirk's truck.  They were able to pull me up and I was able to get home.  Surprisingly I had no trouble getting up our driveway.  Usually it is the opposite.  I had a hair appointment set up for Stockton as soon as I got back.  I did not want to leave the house right then.  Mike took him in his jeep.  I was grateful for that!

No comments: