Sunday, January 31, 2016

Anne's Selfies

Jorja taught Anne how to take selfies today.  Here are the results.
Anne
Plus about ten more that look just like that.  Matt and Sam came over so we could play two more games of Risk Legacy.  Matt won the first one.  I had all of North and South America and was doing awesome. He only had a few countries but was locked in constant battles and able to win.  Weird.  That's okay, I won the next game.  I was attacking Preston in order to win the game.  My dice beat his dice so I should have won. Instead Maysen used her rocket she had been saving and defeated me. I was still able to win, but it came down to my last guy.

I decided to let Jorja to go to Oakcrest with a different stake.  She is going with my dad's stake and will room with Katlyn.  She is thrilled about that.  I spent a lot of time talking to Jenny about it.  There are only two other girls that are in 7th grade.  Both weren't 100% sure if their daughters were going to go.  I didn't want Jorja to go by herself because Maysen had such a horrible experience.  I was extremely nervous for Jorja to go with girls she wasn't that familiar with either. Jorja has had a hard time feeling like she belongs in this ward.  On the way to my dad's church she said, "Everyone in our ward and in my Chinese class thinks of me as the shy one because they have known me for so long.  It is hard to get them to see me differently."  I guess it was a giant blessing that Jorja didn't have any classes with people she knew.  She sure has come out of her shell this year and is having a blast.

April Hardcastle was at the meeting.  Her daughter is Jorja's age as well.  I talked with her for a long time.  She has five girls and one boy. The boy is her 2nd oldest.  Just opposite my family.  We stood out in the snow as we talked.  If we were smart we would have moved two feet so we weren't being snowed on the entire time.  It was great catching up with her.  April married someone Mike and I went to high school with and someone Mike served his mission with.  She told me she has Mike's picture hanging up in their kitchen.  Only because it is a mission picture of Chad and Mike happens to be in it.  Ha!

It was really scary getting back home.  The roads were super slippery.  I was so relieved when we pulled into our driveway.  I even made it to the top!  Yay!

No comments: