Friday, January 1, 2016

2016

It blows my mind that it is 2016.  I'm not really looking forward to this year.  This is the year that Maysen graduates high school and Stockton turns 16.  My family is changing.  I love my life right now, I'm a little nervous about the future.  I hope my children don't move far away from me.  I want them to grow, to have families of their own, to be successful and happy; but I'm going to miss this time of my life.  The time when they were 100% mine and Mike's.  Time has gone by way too fast.

Here is a picture of Jorja before she headed out the door to Kristen's house.  Kristen took care of Jorja's frog and Maysen's lizard while we were gone.  We got a message that Jorja's frog wasn't feeling well, so he spent the last few days at Kristen's house.
Jorja
We got a new door lock for Christmas.  It is the same lock we have at the cabin.  Preston loved it when we had it on our house at home to test it.  We loved it as well.  It was nice to get messages saying the kids were home.  Several times it came in handy.  It also would have been nice while we were in Idaho.  Jorja forgot her contacts.  She really wanted my dad to bring up another pair.  Our garage door hasn't been working lately and we gave our only key to Kristen.  If this had been on our door we could have my dad get inside easily.  Preston loved helping Mike install the lock today.
Preston & Mike
Kristen helped Jorja bring Horizon home.  She said she would give him a 20% chance to recover.  He has a broken leg right now.  Boing had a broken leg right before she died too.  Jorja wanted me to get pictures of her with Horizon.  I hope he gets better.  She sure loves that frog.
Jorja & Horizon
 Horizon
We watched The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi today. Tomorrow we will watch the new Star Wars in the theater.  Mike really wanted to see it before he went back to work.  I have felt miserable today.  My throat is so sore and my back is in a lot of pain.  What a way to start 2016.

No comments: