Tuesday, December 8, 2015

White Elephant

Busy day.  I spent most of it making gingerbread and trying to finish Sam's Christmas present.  I'm hoping to have it finished by Sunday. Maysen had statistics today.  She is going to be thrilled when that is over.  She has worked really hard in that class, and she totally hates it. Jorja had a white elephant party for young women's today.  Katlyn came with her.  I picked them up from school and we stopped by Harmon's.  I needed to get more molasses.  Katlyn picked out pez and pez candy for her white elephant.  Jorja picked out a dozen Dunford donuts.  Katlyn came back with her pez and Jorja came back with a Christmas blanket.  They were both happy.

Jorja and Katlyn asked me a math question while I was making gingerbread.  I explained it, but for some reason I didn't realize it was for homework.  I thought they were just curious.  After Katlyn left, Jorja shows me her math homework that had barely been started.  I couldn't believe it!  I told her she wouldn't be allowed to have friends over if she left her homework until the last second.  She said that she and Katlyn had been doing their science homework and they didn't want to bother me while I was working on gingerbread.  I wish I would have realized they needed help.  That is the math that I'm actually good at and can explain really well.  I have no chance in helping Stockton and Maysen anymore.  I kept Jorja up late, I think she understood everything before she went to bed.  I told her to find Katlyn at school in the morning and teach her.  December sure is a crazy month!

No comments: