Monday, December 21, 2015

The Stockings Were Hung

I decided I might as well enjoy my Christmas stockings.  I first hung them by the fireplace, but then I was worried the pins would come out and they would get burned up.  I can't imagine how sad I would be if that happened.  So, I moved the stockings over by the Christmas tree.  I like looking at them.
The kids played outside most of the day.  Everyone seemed to have such a good time.  I stayed inside and worked frantically on finishing Preston's Christmas present.  Lisa was my lookout.  I wanted her to tell me if Preston or Stockton came inside.  I finally finished it!  I made Preston a blanket.  I tried to make it like Grandma Parry.  I hope he likes it.  His gingerbread blanket he got from Grandma when he was a baby is held together by threads.  Wait, I wish it was held by threads. Mostly batting is showing on the back.  Preston loves that blanket.  I was talking to Lisa about how hard I have worked on these blankets.  I gave up most of the things I was hoping to do this Christmas season so I could get these finished.  The blanket is not gingerbread, and it is not the same one he had as a baby.  I told Lisa that I had no idea if he would accept the blanket.  Later she talked to me and said my wording reminded her of the atonement.  We have no idea how much love and effort was actually given for us to have this wonderful gift of the atonement.  Jesus put forth all that love and effort even though he knew there was a chance we wouldn't accept his gift.  I like that.

I will have to be better about taking pictures tomorrow.  This is the first time that we have been up here with any of Mike's family.  They all seem to be having a great time.  That makes us so happy!

No comments: