Monday, December 14, 2015

Let It Snow

It was snowing like crazy today.  I made it to my exercise class at 5:00. The class is only thirty minutes long.  There was a ton of snow on my car when I went out.  It was pretty scary getting back home.  I am so thankful for snow tires.  Even with them on it still was pretty scary getting up the hill. I told the kids that none of them could miss the bus because I did not want to drive them to school!

I did have to go pick up Maysen after physics.  I was able to get home okay, but I got stuck going up my driveway.  I backed out hoping to get a running start.  The only problem with that plan was I got super stuck. Now I was blocking the entire street.  I had to go get the snowplow to try and get out.  I called Mike to ask him where things were.  He decided to come home and help me.  He works about 20 minutes away and it was still snowing hard.  Sister Trost's daughter stopped to help me, there wasn't much she could do though.  Brother Taylor came and brought his giant snow plow.  He helped me a ton!  There was only one other car that had to wait until we could get the car out of the way. Mike got home and was able to help finish up.  We have such great neighbors!

For scouts today I gave the boys a plate and told them to make something with all of the leftover gingerbread candy.  I gave them a bag of frosting.  They had a great time.  Trains and ski hills were the big winners.  I sent them home all sugared up!  Mike and I gave Burke a ride home on the 4-wheeler, then we drove to Preston's scouts and picked him up.  Brother Breen was just getting Preston in the car to give him a ride home.  When he saw us he hopped out and slipped on his driveway.  Yikes!  Glad he didn't get hurt.

No comments: