Thursday, December 3, 2015

Festival of Trees

I love the Festival of Trees.  It is one of the things I missed most about the holidays when I lived away.  This year there was absolutely no time when I could take my entire family.  I decided to just go by myself.  It was still awesome.  This tree was decorated by my friend Allison and her daughters. Allison is Josh's mom.  Josh is Stockton's diving buddy.
This tree had a giant plane that went with it.  Plus I liked how it had an Alaska ribbon on it.
It would be easy to spend all day here.  Especially if you wanted to look at everything.  These next few pictures are some fun gingerbread ones.
 Blurry, but I loved how they made bird houses
 This one was amazing!
 This reminded me of my niece Mallory.
 Seriously!  This tin man was HUGE!
I didn't get a chance to look at the little trees, or the wreaths, or even the quilts.  This quilt did catch my eye as I was walking out.  How fun is that?
I stopped by Walmart and bought A LOT of powdered sugar, along with a few other things I needed.  I didn't have time to go home before I needed to pick Maysen up, so I went straight to school.  This took me a completely different direction than I would have gone if I went straight home.  I was waiting in the parking lot when it dawned on me that today was a B day.  Maysen stays the entire day on B days.  Whoops.

I took Stockton to diving at BYU.  Josh couldn't come.  He is still sick. He has walking pneumonia.  He has been sick since Halloween.  Josh came yesterday, but it hurt him to dive.  Stockton's disappointed because Josh won't be coming to Vegas.  There were only three divers at practice.  Stockton got a lot of attention.  He doesn't like it when there are so few divers because practice is exhausting.  Tyce was the only coach there, which was nice.  Tyce is so good!  Towards the end of practice Tyce had Stockton put the belt on.  They worked on back 11/2s. Stockton hates those.  He also hates the belt, but I love watching him in it.  Two different times Stockton flipped in the air and then ended up landing on the diving board.  I don't think I'm explaining it right, but it was pretty funny.

Mike and I had planned on putting the rest of the gingerbread houses together tonight.  I was starting to get the frosting out when he asked if I had put the stained glass windows on them.  I totally forgot! This is the first year I decided to try that.  My plan was to melt jolly ranchers down.  I didn't have any.  I ended up melting peppermints down.  I will glue them to the houses tomorrow and then, hopefully, tomorrow morning we will get the houses put together.  Yikes!

No comments: