Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

We drove to my cousin Courtney's house in Idaho Falls today.  Her family wasn't there, but she said we could use their laundry.  They have a pretty fun basement with a ball pit and ninja warrior stuff.  At least the kids had something fun to do while we waited.
Demon children: Maysen, Jorja, Preston
They spent forever trying to throw balls into the tube.  Stockton was the only one to succeed.  He bounced a yellow ball off the call and got it to go in there.
Maysen, Jorja, Preston, Stockton
Mike, Stockton, Jorja and I went to the store while I had one of my laundry loads going.  We went to Work Wearhouse first.  I bought Jorja new boots, but they were horrible.  I know this because I let Erica wear my boots and I wore Jorja's one time when she was staying inside. Good thing for her because I discovered how awful they were.  My mom bought me boots from Frank and Tammi's store when I was a senior in high school.  24 years later they still work great.  We found some that will work for Jorja.  They don't go up as high as she would like, but it was the best choice for what was available.  When we walked into the store Stockton asked if he could have new boots too.  I asked if he needed them.  He said his boots are a little tight.  I usually ask Stockton each year if he needs new boots.  He told me his were fine at the beginning of the season.  We decided we might as well get Stockton nice boots too, especially since we will be spending lots of time at the cabin.  We found some great size 8 boots for him.  I looked to see what size his old boots were.  SIZE 4!  Geez!  Well, hopefully these will last him the rest of his life!

I was able to get three loads of laundry done.  I was hoping to get some towels done, but that didn't work out.  Courtney and her family came home as we were finishing up.  We left them and went to Debie's house. My family was meeting there for snacks.  We were only able to spend a few minutes because we were so late.  We then made our way to the bowling alley.  My family rented out the entire alley for two hours.  It was pretty fun.  I forgot to bring my bowling ball.  It was hard to find one that would work for me.  Hopefully I'll remember it next year.
Jorja
We bowled on two different lanes.  One with bumpers up and one with them down.  About half way through the night Preston asked me to show him how to bowl the correct way.  He was much better by the end of the night.  I think Preston might have liked this most.
Stockton, Jorja, Mike, Maysen, Preston
As we were driving back to the cabin we got a call from Courtney.  We had left our internet box at her house.  Whoops.  Mike and I didn't even know we had brought it.  Well, we didn't.  Jorja did.  Hopefully Bubs can pick it up when he goes through Idaho Falls tomorrow.

Everyone got the traditional Christmas jammies.  Stockton and Preston's bottoms are so ridiculous.  They are a little big, so they have fun walking around with them looking like grandpa pants.  I am not a fan.
Stephanie, Preston, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
 Mike took this picture before 3.  Stockton will never smile before 3.
 Preston, Stephanie, Mike, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
 The boys ~ Stockton, Preston, Mike
 The girls ~ Stephanie, Jorja, Maysen
 This picture was taken for the Porge
The kids all slept in the basement bunk beds.  What a wonderful life!

No comments: