Thursday, November 12, 2015

Utah Honors College Tour

Maysen and I toured the University of Utah's Honors Building today. It was a pretty cool setup.  The building was built in 2012.  I remember watching it being built when I would take Stockton to diving up there. The Honors advisors are on the main floor of the building along with a few classrooms, a lobby area and a small cafe.  Honors dorms are up above.  We were able to go in one.  Maysen said when she walked in she almost started to cry.  They were so nice.  We saw a four person room. Two people have their own room and two people share.  They have a kitchen and a small bar and a small living room.  There is a huge window in the living room that overlooks the entire campus.  At least it did in this room.  It looks like a housekeeper comes and cleans the rooms twice a month, but I'm not positive about that.  The laundry is free.  There is even an app that will tell you when your laundry is done and if the machines are being used.  How cool would it be to just go downstairs to your classes. Maysen and I are still planning on taking a tour of the main University of Utah campus, but today the U made a strong argument for itself!

Maysen and I went straight from the tour to statistics.  We were about ten minutes late, but we did the best we could.  I hung out at Dee's while she was in class.  I didn't have my books, so I spent my time on my phone trying to look up information about the building we toured today.  That is why I think they have a housekeeper, but I'm not sure. I'm never 100% positive about information when I find it on my phone. I feel more comfortable looking at a laptop.

No comments: