Monday, November 9, 2015

Eight Not Seven

So a little over a month ago I was texted about a boy who moved into our ward.  His parents are divorced, so he wouldn't be able to come to scouts every week.  In the message it said his birthday was 12/4/07. Preston was born in 2006, so I knew this boy was seven years old.  I have been planning on him coming into scouts in December.  Anyway, his dad texted me today asking when scouts is.  I guess his boy is 8 turning 9.  Whoops.  I had no idea.  I haven't been in primary for a long time, so I didn't notice the date I was given was wrong.  All of my scouts were able to come today.  We did Code of the Wolf, which was pretty fun.  Then we played the candy bar game since it was Preston's last time with me.  Kind of sad about that.  Mike came home early and helped the scouts make apple cider with the apple press.  Luke is probably traumatized for life.  He thought it was so disgusting when the apples were coming out.  Crew and Burke on the other hand LOVED it! Crew couldn't get over how good it was.  He told me several times it is the best apple juice he has ever had. I really have a good group of scouts.

Preston picked the ponderize scripture this week.  "Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness.  Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness." --Alma 41:10

No comments: