Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cleaning Flour

When Jorja came up the stairs this morning she looked at me and I said, "What do you think I'm thinking?"  She burst into tears.  I told her she wasn't allowed to cry and I was allowed to be mad.  I told her she wouldn't be allowed to have friends over when I'm not home and she couldn't play with her friends until the flour mess was cleaned.  I have no idea how long that will take.  I have never had to ground one of my kids before.  I don't like it.  Jorja cried through most of sacrament meeting.  I was not sympathetic.  She wasn't super loud or anything, just tears and sniffling.  The stake young women's president was sitting in front of us.  She gave Jorja a hug as we were leaving.  Jorja had finally gotten herself and her face under control.  When Sister Valentine gave her a hug she lost it again.  Maysen, Stockton and I went to choir practice after church.  Jorja was left home alone.  We came back and she had spent the entire time cleaning.  She cleaned most of the day today.  It is impossible to get all the flour out of the cracks. Mike and Preston got home from the cabin this afternoon.  Mike and Jorja spent a lot of time working on the flour mess too.  Mike was a little disappointed because he accidentally broke the water heater at the cabin.  He made a silly mistake and was unable to fix it.  He thinks he just needs the right kind of tool.  Hopefully we don't need to replace the water heater there.  Mike had to take a freezing cold shower this morning.  Brrrrr.

No comments: