Saturday, November 14, 2015

Cabin, Diving, Sterling, Flour

Mike and Preston spent the day working on bunk beds for the cabin basement.  I love the pictures Mike sent of Preston working on the bunk beds.  How fun!
Preston
 He's his daddy's boy!
 Preston loved posing on the beds
 They had a healthy lunch of 'giant chocolate chip cookie'
Stockton had a diving competition at BYU today.  He competed JO on the 1 and 3 meter.  He did really well....until his last two dives.  They weren't terrible, but they weren't as good as the rest of his dives.  I have no pictures of his diving meet.  While I was at the meet I got a text from Jorja saying that Studio C accepted us to be extras today.  Let me back up.  Studio C sent out requests for extras for a new Scott Sterling sketch they are doing.  We were almost extras in the first one, but it was Wednesday night from 11pm-4am on a school night.  I debated for a long time and then didn't go.  Anyway, Jorja put in a request and got an email back saying we weren't picked.  Well, she got a new email this morning saying they decided to add 300 more people, so we could go. The problem now was I was already at BYU.  Jorja had invited friends over and didn't want to cancel.  I really wanted to go.  So, I decided to just have Stockton and I go.  Jorja promised me she would be well behaved without me there.  This is the first time I have let her friends come over while I have been gone.  I told her, "I'm putting a lot of trust in you."  She was so sweet and said, "I know mom."  Okay, that was settled.  Now I just had to go buy some clothes.  I went to the meet straight from my exercise class and was still in my workout clothes.  I hate doing that, but I had no extra time.  We were asked to wear blue or white shirts and nothing with the BYU logo.  After Stockton competed on the 1 meter I ran to the BYU bookstore to look for some clothes.  Do you know how hard it is to find something without the BYU logo there? Anyway, I did the best I could and ran back.  When I got in Stockton was up on the 3 meter about to do his first dive.  WHAT???  All of the sudden the competition moved at the speed of light.  I was supposed to help with the awards from the previous meet.  Whoops.  Stockton did great on the 3 meter, but was so tired and anxious to leave.  We walked back to the Wilkinson Center to look for food.  Yay for Chick-Fil-A!  We ate lunch, changed in the bathroom and hurried to the Smith Field House.  We got there just in time.  At first this is where we were sitting.
Stockton
When I bought the clothes I also bought The Count of Monte Cristo. That is the book Stockton is reading in English class.  He had a lot of reading he needed to do, and we were going to be here for a LONG time.  Well, I left the book in the car.  I hurried out to get the book, came back and couldn't find Stockton.  They had moved him to the other side of the court.  Anyway, Stockton and I had a great time.  It was a long day, but so fun to watch the filming.  They told people if they had the last name A-M they would cheer for Yale.  If their last name was N-Z they would cheer for University of North Carolina.  Bummer! Well, Stockton and I think we were the only people actually cheering for UNC because people were going crazy for Yale.  
If you saw the first Scott Sterling sketch, you know Matt is going to get hit in the face a lot.  It was fun because they would film with the ball doing basically what they wanted to at first, then they would film the same thing without the ball.  We had to follow where the ball should be. After they would get the shot they were happy with, they spent the next thirty minutes pummeling Matt with the ball.  It was thrown at his face HARD!  Over and over.  I don't know how he could do that without flinching.  Below are pictures of Jason throwing the volleyball at Matt's face.  In the second picture you can see how high the ball bounced off of him.  Ouch!
I can't wait to see the sketch when it is done.  It should come out in January.  We were there from 2:00-10:00.  They let everyone else go home except our section.  They had us silently cheer behind them while they did their little promos.  Stockton and I were in the second to back row, so I'm sure you won't be able to see us, but it was pretty fun.

Remember earlier in the post when I told Jorja I was putting a lot of trust in her letting her friends come over?  Well, turns out that was a bad idea.  While we were there, Jorja texted me a picture of her friend on the roof!  I texted back, "GET OFF THE ROOF!"  Really Jorja? Really?  My phone died about half way through.  Stockton got a text message from Maysen that said, "Apparently Jorja and her friend were throwing a bag of flour and dropped it.  Kitchen is a huge mess of white powder.  They anticipate it will take them two hours to clean up, and it probably happened fifteen minutes to half an hour ago.  And this is why I don't have friends."  Oh boy.  By the time I got home I was completely exhausted.  Stockton and I left the house at 6:10 in the morning and got back just after 11:00 at night.  This was not what I wanted to walk into. The pictures don't do this mess justice.  There is flour in every little crack on the floor and I have no idea how to get it off.  I'm furious with Jorja.  Maysen wouldn't let me go down and talk to her because she didn't want me to make Jorja upset before bed.  Really?  This is ridiculous.  Well, at least I know not to let her friends come over without an adult home.

No comments: