Monday, November 16, 2015

Brandon's 16th Birthday

Preston and I spent a lot of time working on his poster for his Duty to God award today.  The last thing he had to do was visit a religious monument and make some kind of visual.  We are planning on taking the scouts to a pioneer cemetery that is nearby, but haven't been able to do it because of football.  Two of the boys have to leave fifteen minutes early.  When Mike was leaving for Idaho I asked him if he could stop at the Swan Valley temple and take pictures.  Mike said, "You mean Preston's three week church history trip can't count?"  Whoops.  I didn't even think of that.  Preston's poster turned out so cute.  My favorite is his caption of the picture of us standing in front of the place where the Book of Mormon was published.  That information is kind of labeled in the picture, so Preston's caption was, "This is obvious".  That kid makes me laugh!
My nephew turned 16 today.  I brought Stockton over for cake at their house.  Stockton gave Brandon a candy bar.  Their house seemed so quiet and empty.  Erica is at college, so just the three boys are home now.  Although when I come here I usually have my entire family, so that is probably the real reason things seemed so calm.
Jacob, Weston, Brandon
 Stockton & Brandon
Just a quick side note, Jacob has gotten tall.  It's really weird.

No comments: