Sunday, November 1, 2015

Apple Nachos

We had Stake Conference today.  Sister Masters gave a really good talk.  She talked about being in a tornado when she was a little kid.  How the house got ripped out from under them and they flew in the air.  Her face was pretty banged up and she still has scars.  Her house was destroyed.  She talked about finding peace in the middle of the storm with all of her family huddled at some neighbors house which hadn't been touched.  How scary!  A lot of the meeting was about keeping the Sabbath day holy.  We do a pretty good job, but I wonder how we could make it better.  I would love to have things taken care of on Saturday so I wouldn't have to rush to do things on Sunday.  For example, my family was coming over for dinner today, so we had a lot of cleaning to do.  Granted, yesterday was Halloween and we have been heavily involved in apple season, but I do think I need to get better with that. It will be nice when the fireplace is finished.  I can't wait to have a place to relax upstairs again. Although we need to get the apples done first, and Mike is planning on spending any free time at the cabin to get things ready before the snow comes.  One day though . . . .

My dad made roast beef and mashed potatoes tonight.  We had apple cider and apple nachos for dessert.  Both Lincoln and Ella did not want to try the apple nachos.  I convinced them to go for it.  They both ended up loving them.  I also convinced my kids to try them.  Preston was the only one who liked them.  My kids are weird.

No comments: