Thursday, October 8, 2015

WHY?

I was so frustrated with Stockton today!  I noticed his binder downstairs.  He has two different binders.  One for A day and one for B day.  I glanced through the binder on a whim, mostly to make sure he took the right days binder.  I have no idea why I was thinking that.  I noticed one of his chemistry papers.  It was a two page paper and he turned it in with only doing the first half page.  What was he thinking? His teacher even wrote, "Why did you not finish?" on the page. Stockton is completely capable of getting a straight 4.0 through all four years of high school.  The two classes I'm worried about this year is calculus and chemistry.  His chemistry teacher is a pretty hard grader and that is the teacher Maysen had that lost her 4.0.  Right now Stockton has a B+ in chemistry.  He can't give any points away.  I was sick to my stomach.  I looked through the chemistry disclosure.  It said he could redo any lab for full credit up until the end of the unit. Stockton just had a chemistry test yesterday.  I wrote to his teacher to see if he could still turn it in.  She said she would let him.  I'm so glad about that.  I also saw in Stockton's folder a missing assignment from chemistry.  It was all done.  I don't know why anyone would do work and not turn it in.  That doesn't make any sense at all.  His teacher said she would give him half credit for that one.  Half credit is better than no credit.  I hope he did amazing on his chemistry test yesterday.  He really needs the points!

Maysen had an interview today for sterling scholar.  She is trying out for English and Social Sciences.  We know it is a long shot, but there is no way she would make it if she didn't try!  She felt really good about her English interview.  That is because she is awesome in English.  Only one person gets picked out of the entire school.  Maysen doesn't have a lot of extra curricular activities, so that is what we are a bit worried about.  Oh well.  You never know.

No comments: