Friday, October 23, 2015

Played for a Fool

Today was the last day of the quarter for Maysen and Stockton.  It looks like they will both get 4.0s.  I'm still a little nervous about Stockton's chemistry grade.  His teacher hasn't graded his research paper yet.  I hope his A still stands when all is said and done.  We had a crazy, busy day.  It was really fun though.  I picked up Maysen after her physic class.  We went shopping for Jorja's birthday.  When we were at Deseret Book Maysen found the books she worked on with Sam during her internship.  It was quite exciting for Maysen to see them.  She also got to meet Stephanie Black and Traci Abramson.  Pretty cool.
Maysen
At Seagull Book we also saw Always Will.  Maysen did the four corner of that book.  That means she just looked at each page and made sure the margins were right and all the words were on the right page.  Sam read the first and last word on each page of the computer copy, Maysen had the paper copy and would check to see if they matched.  
We got home just before Preston got home from school.  I quickly got Preston ready and dropped him off at Jack's house for Jack & Easton's party.  They were going to a space discovery center.  Preston was gone for about five hours and loved it.

We watched Anne today while Matt and Sam went to the temple. Stockton and Jorja played with her for a long time.  They love that little girl!
Anne
Stockton and Jorja both decided they wanted to go watch the last football game of the season.  It was against Corner Canyon.  Stockton went early with his friends.  Maysen watched Anne while I took Jorja to her school for Chinese.  They had planned to Skype with a school in China.  They each were matched up with a Chinese student.  The first fifteen minutes they were supposed to speak Chinese.  The last fifteen minutes they were supposed to speak English.  Jorja's computer didn't work.  Only a few kids got the connection up.  I was really wishing Mike was there to help her.  She got to talk with Ella's Chinese guy, but it would have been much better if everything worked as planned.  Maybe next time.  Jorja and I picked up Katlyn as soon as she was finished and I dropped them off at the high school.

Mike and Maysen went to a play at Hale Center Theater today.  They went and saw Big Fish.  Brett and Rachel gave Maysen the tickets.  That was so nice!  Mike said they even had a river running through the stage. Pretty cool.  Preston and I were alone for most of the night.  It was weird.  We took advantage of it by cuddling in my bed.  We turned on the heated mattress pad (which is awesome) and watched Air Bud.  It wasn't the first Air Bud, we watched the one where he plays soccer.  It was a perfect night for us.

It was hard to stay awake until everyone got home.  I didn't like knowing the kids weren't home, but at the same time I'm glad they were out having fun with their friends.  I kept thinking of the cross stitch my mom had in our house growing up.  My dad gave it to me.  I need to hang it up.  The words are, "I hear your footsteps down the hall. You are home again, and safe. All the burdens of the day are lightened and all the night noises are music to my ears."  That is so true.

No comments: