Thursday, October 1, 2015

Peggy and Janie

Two of my dad's cousins are in town.  Peggy contacted me a week ago to see if we could get together.  I invited them over to my house.  I wanted to show them our new kitchen.  They had been to my house years ago, so I was excited to have them come.  I invited them to have lunch with me here.  I have been really excited about this, but also terrified.  I want to impress them, but I am not good at being a grown-up.  A few days ago I talked to Becky and asked for her advice on what to make.  Becky is really, really good at hosting things.  I wanted to serve something I was capable of making, but also I wanted it to be grown up.  I didn't want to serve grilled cheese or spaghetti.  I also have had no extra time lately, so I didn't know how I was going to pull this off.  If my dad was here it would be no big deal, but my dad is on a tour right now.  I know he is disappointed to miss his cousins.  He sure loves them!  Anyway, Becky gave me some good ideas and good recipes. Yesterday she called me again and gave me another idea.  She said to order three large salads from Zupas.  Brilliant!  That is what I ended up doing.  I got three Nuts About Berries salads.  I forgot to ask to add chicken and was really worried about that.  I forgot Janie was a vegetarian, so that worked out well!  Anyway, I put the salads together in a bowl, the breads from Zupas in one of Maysen's dishes and the treats on the plate Rachel gave me from Japan.  I picked up some brownie bites from Harmons and some cake bites from Sweet Tooth Fairy.  Anyways, it worked out well. I had a great time with Peggy and Janie.  I am so glad they took the time out of their vacation to see me. They are so nice.  It is funny because they both have awesome houses. Peggy lives in a castle for crying out loud!  Despite the fact that they live in awesome houses, they were so complementary of my little house. They told me over and over again how nice it is.  They are so sweet.  I love being around them.

Allison took Stockton and Josh to diving today.  It was my turn to drive, but they are having a diving party and Allison didn't want me to wait the entire time.  She ended up waiting for them and taking them to Hang Time.  I took Maysen to her statistics class and then Mike and I went to Provo to pick up the boys.  We got back pretty late.  I'm exhausted!  Today was a long, fun day!  

No comments: