Sunday, October 11, 2015

Maysen's First Time in RS

Maysen came into Relief Society for the first time today.  She went to her same Sunday School class, but was excited to be out of Young Womens.  I was really frustrated a few weeks ago.  Two weeks ago was her last time in Young Womens.  I knew there was a chance that the Young Womens presidency wouldn't realize that Maysen would not be coming back anymore.  Plus, most of the girls like to stay their senior year.  I walked down to church after one of the activities and talked to the Young Womens president.  I told her Maysen's last Sunday was coming up.  I wanted to let them know so they could sing Happy Birthday to her and say good-bye.  That Sunday I asked Maysen how it went.  I was kind of excited for her.  She said they didn't do anything. No Happy Birthday.  No good-bye.  I was really upset and hurt.  I had talked to the Young Womens president specifically about this.  I know they had a small birthday present for her, because we made them for the entire year before we were released.  I'm thinking, "Here is a girl with no friends.  The absolute least you can do is sing Happy Birthday and say good-bye, thank you for coming here for the last five years.  We are glad you exist."  I was wrong.  It looks like the least they could do was ignore her completely. Anyways, I was pretty upset about it.  Now, two weeks later Maysen had her first day in Relief Society.  It was exactly the opposite here.  They called Maysen up to the front to officially introduce her.  They had me say a few words about her.  (I talked about how she is an old soul in a young body.  How I completely adore her.  How she is not tied down to the whims of the world.  How she is authentic and how she has a deep love for her Savior.  They gave her a hot chocolate mug from their Relief Society retreat they had this weekend.  They gave her a Relief Society book and they gave her a beautiful rose.  It was such a contrast to leaving Young Womens.  I think she is really going to like Relief Society.  She has been ready to be with the adults for years.

Maysen and I went to choir practice today.  Stockton got out of it.  He has a chemistry research paper due Monday night.  I really want him to get a good score on that.  I'm hoping it will help raise his grade. Maysen worked forever on her chemistry paper when she had this class.  We had the same home.  Too bad the teacher never even graded the paper. Especially since writing is Maysen's strength.  Writing is not Stockton's strength, so hopefully she isn't a super hard paper grader. Stockton was pleased to get out of choir practice, and he worked hard on his paper until family came over.

We had family dinner today.  Spaghetti.  Maysen liked that.  We also had the left overs of Maysen's Cold Stone cake.  It was great having everyone over.  We talked about the cabin and our trip coming up. Excited about that!  Once they left, Mike and I walked down to Becky's house.  Today is her 40th birthday.  Bryce threw a surprise get together.  We came right as most people were leaving, but we were able to say a quick Happy Birthday.  I sure have loved getting to know Becky.  She is so kind.  She hasn't been Maysen's leader since February, but she dropped off Maysen a card and some chocolates yesterday.  I really appreciated that.

No comments: