Saturday, October 10, 2015

Maysen's 18!

I now have an adult child.  Weird.  Maysen turned 18 today.  It seems like she has always been a part of my life, but it also seems like she should still be a toddler.  I love being around her.  She makes me happy, I'm so glad she is a part of our family.  We are lucky!  We spent the day doing whatever Maysen wanted.  After chores, of course. Maysen got out of those.  First on the list was presents!  Marie and Mina sent Maysen cards.  They also gave her tickets to a play at Hale Theater and a Cold Stone gift card.  Thanks Marie & Mina!  Thanks to your parents too!  The kids got Maysen a weird penguin thing.  It's weird.  Mike and I got Maysen a scanner.  She loved it.  She has been going to the neighbors to borrow theirs.
Maysen
Maysen said, "I never would have thought of asking for a scanner for a gift, but it is perfect!"  Yay!
Maysen wanted a Cold Stone cake.  She wanted hot chocolate ice-cream.  That is her favorite!  They actually just did sweet cream ice-cream.  Kind of disappointing.  Oh well.  At least Maysen likes the sweet cream too.
 Maysen
Maysen wanted to catch up on the Ridonculous Race, or something like that.  It is a cartoon version of the Amazing Race.  It was actually pretty fun to watch.  She also wanted to watch Hotel Transylvania.  She saw some of it in Alaska with the sound down, so she wanted to see what really was happening.

Maysen got a delivery from Edible Arrangements.  Scoop and Cori sent her a giant birthday fruit basket.  Jorja was more excited about it than Maysen.  (Although Maysen thought that was quite fun.)  Jorja kept pestering Maysen to let her have some.  She said, "I love fruit more than I love meat."  Haha!  Maysen was very nice to those of us that wanted to have some.  It was delicious!
Maysen & Jorja
 Maysen
We let Maysen stay up as long as she wanted.  I recorded the BYU football game and started watching it long after she was supposed to go to bed.  I finished about one in the morning.  I was so nervous at the end and wanted to check the score, but I resisted.  So glad they won. Today was such a beautiful, wonderful day.  Thank you Maysen for being born.  We love you!!!

No comments: