Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Flag Ceremony

Preston and I BOTH remembered piano today.  Woohoo!  I can't believe how forgetful we have been lately.  Good thing Sister Newman puts up with us.  Preston also earned four belt loops at pack meeting today.  Yay!  He also carried the flag for the flag ceremony.  I was a little nervous getting my boys organized for this, but it turned out great. Burke did the speaking part and was perfect.  So glad that is done for another couple of months!  Crew's mom brought the treats.  Crew wasn't even there!  They were going out of town.  The plan was to go after pack meeting, but they decided to get a head start.  So nice that she still brought the treats for us.  It's nice to have one less thing on the list!

Stockton was supposed to play basketball for young mens.  He never likes that.  Right before I left I realized something.  I told Stockton that pack meeting was in the gym today, where was he going to play basketball?  He just shrugged.  Probably too late to do anything about it at that point anyway.  Throughout the pack meeting I caught glimpses of different leaders all dressed for basketball.  I asked Stockton what they did instead.  They met in a room and made paper airplanes.  I bet Stockton was thrilled with that.  He loves that so much more than basketball!

No comments: