Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Conferences and Classes

I had parent teacher conferences for Jorja today.  Once again I needed to be there right at 4:00.  Once again I would need Preston to get to piano by himself.  This time I used Maysen as a back up.  In case Preston got confused, she would help him get out the door.  He remembered today, so that was good.  Jorja has student led conferences at the middle school.  I find them ridiculous.  I don't know why she just can't show me her folder at home.  I hate them.  I don't feel like I can talk to the teachers this way.  Supposedly you can go talk to any teacher you want, I just feel awkward about it.  I waited and talked to Jorja's principal today.  This is his first year here.  I told him my opinion of these conferences.  I also asked him if they could make sure the Chinese kids were able to take orchestra next year.  I don't know if it will happen, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.  I thought Jorja would only have one Chinese class next year, but now it looks like it is going to be one and a half again.  Jorja still likes Chinese, but she is looking forward to it only being one class a day.

I was a little late getting home.  As soon as I arrived, Jorja jumped out of the car and Maysen jumped in.  Maysen has a statistic test today. She ended up being a few minutes late for it.  I read a book in the parking lot while she was in class.  It didn't take her very long.  They were able to go home once they finished the test.  Maysen said it was pretty easy. Hopefully she did great.

No comments: