Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Walk in Their Shoes

We ordered some of Maysen's graduation stuff today.  Cap and gown etc.  Weird.  Mike finally had his root canal.  I really hope this stops his pain.  I took Stockton and Josh up to BYU for diving.  They are trying to decide which program to go to.  Josh wants to go to BYU.  I'm hoping they pick the U.  It will be so much easier for us to get them to the U. Josh likes the coach better at BYU.  I really like Stockton and Josh diving together.  I'm not sure what we are going to do.  Both of the boys seemed to like diving today.  They did conditioning for about an hour before they even got in the pool.  I thought Stockton would hate it, but he didn't seem to mind.  One thing, if they choose BYU they are going to be in great shape.  They tried to go to BYU yesterday.  Josh's mom drove them.  They were gone about thirty minutes before they turned around.  Traffic was so bad.  I hope that doesn't happen often.

I missed Jorja's softball game because I was gone with Stockton.  This is the first game I missed.  I don't like that.  Mike said Jorja did great and had a lot of fun.  Not surprising, she is still loving softball.  I took the girls to Young Womens.  It was stake standards night.  The speaker was great.  She teaches nursing at BYU and once a year takes her students down to Guatemala to do service.  My favorite part of her talk was actually a video she showed.  It was put out by The Cleveland Clinic.  There was no talking.  Words came on the screen talking about how you don't know what people are going through until you have walked in their shoes.  It is really good.  If you want to check it out, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDWvj_q-o8 That is my first time trying to put a link in my blog.  Not 100% sure if it will work.

No comments: