Thursday, September 24, 2015

Special Needs Mutual

I was asked to lead the music for the special needs mutual.  I was asked a few days ago.  Sister Murphy said she would call and talk to me.  I hadn't heard anything, so I texted her about it today.  Was I supposed to wear a dress?  Was it at the stake center?  Those kinds of questions. I'm glad I asked because it was not at the stake center, it was over by Buttercup park.  I was supposed to wear a dress because it was in the chapel.  She asked me to text her a picture so she could send it to Jill. Jill is the piano player and she wanted her to find me.  Sister Murphy told me she usually leaves her house at 6:30 and gets the numbers in the chapel changed.  I got a little turned around finding the chapel, but I did find it.  I sat in the front of the chapel for awhile hoping Jill would find me.  She never did, so I finally went and changed the numbers. When I finished a man in a scouts uniform came up to me and told me I was in the wrong place.  I told him I was filling in for Sister Murphy. He said that the Young Mens and Young Womens were not combined today.  It only happens a few times a year and today was one of them. Of course.  I was embarrassed even though I did nothing wrong.  I wasn't sure where to go.  I wandered around looking for where I should be.  I heard someone say they were meeting in the chapel.  I said that I had just been kicked out of the chapel, so I didn't think the Young Women were meeting in there.  They went and asked and found out that we were meeting in the chapel.  I did not want to go back in there. I stood by the door for a long time hoping Jill would find me.  Soon the scout guy that had kicked me out saw me.  He said that he guessed he was wrong and we were meeting together.  Finally I saw a lady walking up to the piano, so I figured that had to be Jill.  I went up and talked to her.  She tried to introduce me to a guy who was walking by, the same scout guy who kicked me out.  He said, "Oh, we've met."  Yep.  Anyway, I was leading the first song in the chapel, right where I was supposed to be.  Two special needs kids came on the stand while I was doing that.  I didn't notice them right away.  I didn't notice them until I hit one of them in the face and one in the arm.  Oh my gosh.  I was so glad when that was over!

Stockton went with Josh to diving.  Allison took them to the store to get measured for their suits.  Looks like Stockton is going to have to break down and get a speedo.  They are required to wear team suits and warm ups.  Josh loved diving today.  Stockton didn't like it as much. He liked it the first time he went to BYU, so hopefully he has a better experience later.  Goodness gracious, this has been so stressful.

No comments: