Monday, September 14, 2015

Making the Dog

My brothers and I have been playing Beat the Streak.  It is a game where you pick one or two players to get a hit during their game.  If they get a hit, you get a point.  If you pick right 57 times in a row you win 5.6 million dollars.  MLB.com has been doing this for several years and no one has won.  (Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak lasted 56 games. That is the streak we are trying to beat.  Except we are not playing.  We can pick any player on any day.  My brothers are pretty impressed with DiMaggio.)  Anyway, my previous best was 4.  Then I got on a roll.  I really wanted to beat Brett.  His longest streak this season was 20.  I got to 21!  Then I messed up.  I picked Bryce Harper.  He didn't get a hit on his first at bat.  Then he was injured in the outfield and out the rest of the game.  Boo!  I couldn't believe it!  Luckily Lorenzo Cain also didn't get a hit, so I didn't have to feel too bad. It was fun while it lasted.
Mike and Preston have been working on Preston's pinewood derby. Preston wanted his car to look like a dog.  Mike was pretty relieved that he didn't care about winning.  Took a lot of the pressure off. Preston did most of the work himself.  Isn't he adorable?
Preston
 Preston wanted me to get the spray in the picture.  I tried.
 He's so happy!
 The finished product.  Preston is in love!

No comments: