Sunday, September 20, 2015

Leo's Blessing

Derek and Melissa blessed Leo today.  Mike and I went to it.  The blessing was about an hour from our house and it was the same time as our church.  Maysen was teaching a lesson, Stockton had meetings and Preston had primary program practice.  We decided to have the kids go to church without us.  They were all ready when we left.  They walked to church and sat by themselves.  I'm glad that worked out okay.

Leo's blessing was great.  Derek did a good job.  He held Leo up like Simba afterwords.  Leo looked adorable.  We went to Derek and Melissa for crepes afterwords.  Melissa had quite the spread. Everything you could imagine.  They were delicious.

I asked the kids who spoke in sacrament meeting.  I couldn't believe it! Payton's mission president!  Payton is serving in the Salt Lake City East Mission.  We are just out of the boundaries, but Mike's work is in them. I would have asked him if there was any way we could take Payton out for lunch.  Payton is serving around Murray right now.  I can't believe I missed my chance!  (Maysen grew up with Payton.  He was in her primary class in Georgia.  His mom is one of my best friends.)

No comments: