Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Diving and Swimming

I took Stockton to diving today.  As I was driving there I got a text. When I was stopped at a light I glanced down at it.  Mike said, "You officially own a cabin."  Woohoo!  Happy, happy, happy!  Now...back to diving.  Stockton did really well.  He has never, ever, ever liked to be called out of a dive.  How would he know if it was really the right time? He prefers to go by feel.  In short, he has never had complete trust that someone would call him at the exact right time. Anyway, today he was on the 5 meter.  He was doing a falling back dive. Tyce wanted him to start with his arms by his side.  When he called him out he was supposed to kick out and put his arms above his head. I could tell Stockton was scared.  A lot of the dives he does really scares him. Anyway, Stockton did it and did it perfect.  As we were driving home, Stockton said, "I can see why Josh likes Tyce so much".  Yay! I'm glad Stockton is liking him too!

I decided to stop by the high school on the way home.  Maysen's English teacher wasn't at parent-teacher conferences yesterday, but she was there today.  I left Stockton in the car.  There was a line, but I sat in it thinking it would go quick.  Boy was I wrong!  I waited in line for thirty minutes and still had two more parents in front of me.  I finally left.  Stockton was in the car in his swim suit, plus I was anxious to get home to Jorja.  Stockton was a good sport about it.  He had his homework, so he was able to work on it while he was waiting.

Jorja had a swim party for her softball team tonight.  I took a few pictures, they weren't great but I took them.  For some reason I can't get them off my phone right now.  Oh well.  Anyway, Jorja had a great time.  She has loved playing softball, loved the girls she plays with, and loved her coaches.  She is really going to miss this team.  She is one of the older ones and will not be able to play in this age division next year. Too bad because this coach is the best!  I love that he approaches coaching with two purposes.  To teach the girls and for them to have fun.  He lets them play any position they want to.  He told me when he got to the game on Monday Jorja said to him, "We have it all figured out.  I'm going to pitch the first inning and Sarah is going to catch." Haha!  Wow my Jorja has changed!  The girls swam for a long time. The water was warm and they didn't want to leave each other.  I'm happy Jorja had this experience.  Too bad it is over!

Mike snuck away during the party and worked on his rope tow.  He has played with this off and on for almost ten years.  Now he bought a car from Steve for about $200.  The tow is going to go around one of the tires.  He had it on and was quite proud of it.  I have no idea how to describe this, but Mike is having a lot of fun with it.

No comments: