Friday, August 14, 2015

Party and the Beach

Nikki's daughter had a birthday party today.  Maddie is 8 years old. Same age and grade as Preston.  She received a lot of stuffed animals and was thrilled.  Just like Preston would be.  Lynn and Nikki joked how there is no room for her in bed because of all her stuffed animals. Just like Preston.  I took pictures for Nikki.  They painted, had pizza, did a scavenger hunt, had a piñata, presents and decorated cupcakes. Maddie was thrilled which made Nikki thrilled.
Maddie
 Eryn
 Katie
 Nikki explaining the scavenger hunt to Maddie (and friends)
 Katie
 Rylie
 Maddie
After the party and a couple of hours of chatting with Nikki, we headed out to the Pacific Ocean.  We went on a walk through Earthquake Park before we made it down here.  The small hill in the distance is called the Sleeping Lady.
Maysen
 Stephanie
I loved the green rocks that were at the beach.  Maddie and I collected a bunch.  On our way out there was this wall that looked like legos covered in graffiti.  We even found our name!  We're famous!
Stephanie
We headed back to Nikki's house where she made a delicious meatball dinner.  Then we stayed and talked until I pulled myself to bed.  It has been so much fun to be with Nikki again!  I can't believe how lucky I was to be assigned to have her as a roommate.

No comments: