Wednesday, August 12, 2015

No Orchestra

Today was a disappointing day.  Jorja found out her schedule.  She does not have orchestra.  Instead she has pe.  We went down to the school and talked to them.  Because Jorja is in the Chinese program she has no chance to have orchestra.  The only thing she can choose between is pe, concert choir, wood winds and art.  Except art is full. We left a note asking to be put in art if anyone drop 4th period A day art.  I miss our old counselor at the school.  She was awesome.  I felt like this new counselor was condescending.  When I was trying to explain what our problem was I could tell she didn't want to talk to me. She kept saying Chinese was her elective.  I'm thinking, well technically it is, but to the Chinese kids it is not.  They have been in the Chinese program for almost their entire schooling.  It's not like I'm going to pull Jorja out of the program because the school won't work with us.  I was so unimpressed with the counselor.  Why did Ms. Gillette leave?  The other disappointing thing today was Jorja's friends have all been posting their classes on Instagram.  Jorja has Chinese with her Chinese friends, but she has no other classes with anyone she knows.  Not one. Not only does she not have the same classes, but she doesn't even have the same teachers.  Hopefully she'll come across someone who does.  It was sad watching her get texts from her friends only to be disappointed.  I hope she at least gets to eat lunch with them. Jorja has been carrying around my flute today.  She's thinking of taking wood winds because she likes Mr. Cox so much.  It will be interesting to see what she decides.

No comments: