Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Good News and Bad News

I got up a little before five and went to the gym.  It's been a long time since I've exercised!  I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  The rest of the day was spent catching up on the blog, reading and worrying about things. Yesterday I received some good news and some bad news.  The good news was Jorja didn't need any new shots.  I received many messages through e-mail and the phone that she was not current on her immunizations.  One was a tetanus shot, but I was pretty sure she had that.  Jorja was definitely sure she had that.  I thought we would need to figure out where to get her the other shot.  I haven't found a new doctor since the insurance changed, so I wasn't sure what to do about these shots that needed to be done quickly.  It dawned on me to ask for immunization records from her old doctor.  I called and was able to request them.  I was cut off shortly afterwords, so I'm glad it went through.  I can't remember where we were driving when I did this. Anyway, yesterday I went and picked them up.  Jorja had had both of the shots she needed!  Yay!  I dropped off the form at the school and she is good to go.  Jorja was thrilled with this news.

The bad news is I just found out that Maysen will not be bussed to her veterinary program this year.  I am completely annoyed with this information.  The entire time we were signing up the busing information was listed.  She would be picked up at 7:10 by the flagpole. The bus would stop at CTEC and let those kids out, then it would continue to JTEC where she would be dropped off.  I found out yesterday that they are only busing to CTEC and not to JTEC.  That does me no good.  I asked what happened.  The school said that Jordan School District changed their policy to only let kids from their district into the program.  If there were any spots left other people could try and get them.  As a result, hardly anyone from our district will be going there, so they decided not to bus the few that got in.  I guess it makes it that more amazing that Maysen was able to get into this program, but I'm totally annoyed because school starts soon and I have no idea what I'm going to do.  I think they should have bussed the kids this year, even though there are only a few of them.  I think they should have done that because we made decisions based on that information. Grrrrrr.  If I take Maysen it is going to make my life ridiculous. Somehow I need to get her to early morning seminary, then go pick her up and take her to CTEC, which is probably thirty minutes away.  I would need to go back and pick her up and bring her to high school. On A days she only has one class, so I would need to pick her up and bring her home early.  Then take her to her night class two days a week. Also, I need to get the other kids to school.  Obviously that will not work.  I have no idea what I'm going to do.  I could let Maysen take my car and drive herself.  I would need the other kids to take the bus and I'll be without a car.  That is probably the best solution.  I'm also going to check into Trax and see if they stop at SLCC.  That seems a logical place for them to stop.  I just don't know how long it would take to get there and back.  Not sure what the best plan is going to be.  I wish I had more time to think about it than a few days!

No comments: