Thursday, August 6, 2015

Cutest Hitchhiker Ever

I got up pretty early and worked on the blog for two hours.  It felt good to get caught up.  Too bad I'm behind again already.  Oh well.

We left Kansas this morning and arrived at Jordyn's house around 10:00.  Then we drove and drove and drove.  I was tempted to stop by the archway that we missed on the way out here.  Two things stopped me.  One, it was raining like crazy and I didn't want to get wet.  Two, my kids were tired of visitor centers.  It would have been great at the start of the trip, but they are worn out now.  That's okay because they have been great.

It was fun to have Jordyn with us.  We chatted for most of the trip.  I loved it because I don't get to be around her as often as I would like.  I took over driving for Mike and drove until I didn't like it anymore. That would be when we were driving through construction and it was really dark.  I would much rather drive through that in morning darkness than night darkness.  We pulled over and slept in a random rest stop. Seven hours left!
Jordyn

No comments: