Thursday, August 13, 2015

Alaska Bound

Yesterday Jorja was taking a picture of me.  She kept asking me to make different faces.  When I got my cell phone back, I had a whole lot of Jorja!
Jorja
That was just a small sample, but imagine it times twenty.  Jorja was taking a picture of me with my new cookbook.  I wanted a picture to send to my cousin Jordyn.  She told me about this book.  Hopefully it will help my horrible cooking skills!
Stephanie
I took Maysen and Stockton down to their school to find their locker and classes.  Stockton hadn't been assigned a locker, so we went and asked about it.  They said that everyone had been assigned one and I just didn't know where to look.  Anyways, they looked him up and nope, he had not been assigned one.  The locker they ended up giving him is pretty close to Maysen's.  They are both at the very back of the school.  Not the best placement, but I'm sure they will survive.
Stockton & Maysen
I spent most of the day getting ready for my Alaska trip.  Maysen and I are taking a quick trip up there where will will be staying with my college roommate.  I also finished all the laundry and packed the other kids for their camping trip.  I'm sure Mike will have to add more, but at least he will have a starting point.
Maysen & Stephanie
We flew to Long Beach and then had a long flight to Alaska.  We landed close to midnight Alaska time, which was around 2 am our time.
Maysen
 Loved these geese that met us!
I was so surprised when we walked off the plane.  It was like there was a party going on.  I expected everything to be closed.  Nope.  Every restaurant and store in the airport was opened.  Nikki said the airport is the busiest at night.  If you go there during the day it is practically empty.  Nikki is my college roommate.  She found us pretty quickly, but we had to wait for quite awhile for our bag.  About a handful of people on the plane had their bags waiting at the wrong spot.  Anyway, it's been over twelve years since I've seen Nikki.  It was so awesome to see her again!  I also knew her husband, Lynn, from college.  He was waiting in the car for us.  Nikki and I talked the entire way home, then stayed up talking for another couple of hours.  Maysen was pretty funny and kept telling Nikki to go away.  Sounds rude when I write it like that, but it had Nikki and I both cracking up.  We finally got to bed around 2:30 am, which is 4:30 our time.  Woah.  Hopefully I'll be functioning tomorrow!

No comments: