Saturday, July 25, 2015

Washington D.C.

I had a hard time sleeping last night.  I woke up at 4 am.  My back had been hurting, so I decided to just get up and work on my blog.  My computer was giving me a hard time, so it took 2 1/2 hours to do two days worth.  Very frustrating.  Mike had his alarm set for 6:30.  As soon as it went off I asked him if he could help me charge the nice camera. That is when it dawned on Mike that we didn't bring the charger.  I couldn't find the camera case as we were leaving, I didn't remember that the charger was in it.  I felt sick to my stomach then.  Mostly because of all the church history sites I wouldn't be able to take pictures of.  If we had realized earlier we could have had one sent to Brett & Rachel's house.  I decided to check Walmart to see if they would have one, we were in their parking lot after all.  I found something that claimed to charge several different types of batteries.  It worked!  Yay! As a result I will now put one hundred pictures below!  Well, I'm not sure how many, but it is a lot.

We drove to Brett & Rachel's house and were able to get the motorhome parked.  Brett & Rachel then drove both cars to the metro. We took that into DC and walked to Ford Theater.  While we were waiting in line, I met Michelle Obama.
Stephanie and Michelle Obama
We were able to wander around the museum for a bit.  I only got a chance to see a fraction of it.  I think this is what Lincoln was wearing when he was shot.
 The gun that shot Lincoln ~ crazy how small it is.
 Marie to help give size perspective
 Presidential Box
 The George Washington picture was there that day
 A replica of the bed they took Lincoln to
 The room Lincoln died in
 Tower of books about Lincoln
 Preston getting his Lincoln penny
Brett & Rachel wanted to eat at a chicken and donut place that Charles (Brett's childhood friend) likes.  We made ourselves at home.
 Maysen & Grace
 Jorja, Maysen & Grace, Preston
 Maysen & Grace
 Mina
 Jorja & Grace
 This is my favorite!
 Preston ~ Department of Treasury
 White House
Mike, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Stephanie
 Mike, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja, Preston
 Washington Monument
 Dad, Stephanie, Jorja, Stockton, Preston, Maysen, Mike
 Mike & Maysen ~ we walked A LOT!
 World War II Memorial
 Stephanie taking a picture of Stockton & Maysen
 Stockton & Maysen
 Preston
 Jorja & Preston
 Still the World War II Memorial
Jorja, Stockton, Preston, Maysen
 Maysen, Mike, Preston, Stockton, Jorja
 Stephanie, Maysen, Mike, Preston, Stockton, Jorja
 Dad
 Lincoln Memorial
 View from Lincoln Memorial
 Pondering the awesomeness of their lives
Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Mike, Stockton
 My dad taking a picture of them
Mike trying to pull out Preston's snaggletooth
 Preston & Jorja ~ Vietnam Memorial
 Maysen
 Stockton & Preston
Brett & Rachel went home after the chicken and donuts.  They wanted to get the spare tire off their car and get it fixed legitimately.  When the car was fixed Brett texted us.  We decided to rest as he came and found us.  Some people took their resting more seriously than others.
Dad
Preston, Mike, Jorja, Stockton
 Mike & Preston
 Dad ~ Now that's how it's done!
I showed my dad these pictures later.  He has no memory of my boys jumping over him.  That is probably a good thing.
Dad & Stockton
 Preston barely missing my dad's face ~ look how happy he is!
 Stockton
 Preston
 Preston & my dad
 Preston
 How awesome is this belt?  That water was delicious!
We went to the Air and Space Museum.  Maysen wanted to go there. Good choice.
Jorja flying an airplane
 Preston's turn
 Not sure what this is, but it looks cool
This wheel demonstration was pretty cool.  The kids were on a twisty chair.  Their chair would turn depending on which way they were holding the spinning wheel.
Jorja
 Preston
 The Wright Brothers' plane
 Stockton & Preston
There is nothing too special about this next picture.  I wanted to put it in because Brett's shirt is so cool!  Rachel asked Christen's dad if he could make it for Brett's birthday.  Sneeches.  How awesome is that?
Jorja, Brett, Dad
 Preston & Maysen
On the way home the kids watched a show about two bats in a cave, or something like that.  Mike told Preston to watch that.  Later he went to close it and Preston said, "No!  I'm still watching it!"  Then they started narrating it and even went to bonus bloopers.
We ate at Noodles and Company and then played Smart Mouth before bed.  After Mike got Brett caught up on Battlebots of course.

No comments: