Friday, July 17, 2015

Release the Frogs!

I had my day pretty much planned out.  I knew I would need to pick up the kids from their camps at 2:30.  I decided to double check the time. I looked up Stockton's first.  Yep, 2:30.  I almost didn't look up Jorja's, thinking I was ridiculous.  I looked it up anyway.  I'm glad I did.  I needed to pick her up at 12:00!  Yikes!  That would have been so sad if my little Porge was waiting for me for 2 1/2 hours!  Right as I realized that Josh's mom called me.  She told me they were having a diving exhibition at 1:00.  I ended up changing all my plans.  Everything worked out okay, I just didn't get as much done on the house as I hoped.  Sorry about that Matt & Sam!

Preston and I picked up Maysen from her last day of her internship at Covenant.  Sam did such a great job with her.  Maysen got to Skype with Stephanie Black today.  Maysen enjoyed that a lot.  Sam said Stephanie did a really great job talking with Maysen.  Yay!  Maysen, Preston and I went out to lunch before we headed to BYU to pick up the kids.  Our first stop was Jorja.  Preston was SO EXCITED to see her!
Preston & Jorja
Our next stop was to watch Stockton dive.  Jorja wasn't very excited about that.  She said she just wanted to get home.  She should be tired. She texted me last night saying she was going to bed at 1:42 am.  Good think she'll get lots of time to sleep while we are driving in the next few weeks.  It was fun to watch Stockton dive.  I didn't get any great pictures of him though.
Stockton
Josh hurt his shoulder and couldn't dive.  His mom had come down anyway.  They decided to leave early.  (They moved on Wednesday, so things are crazy right now for them.  Also, it didn't help that the people trashed the house after they bought it.  Broke a lot of things!  I guess the people were going through a nasty divorce.  Josh's family didn't have anything to do with it, so I don't know why the lady thought destroying everything would be a good idea.)  Anyway, I went back with Josh to his room and picked up Stockton's stuff.  That way we were able to leave right from the pool.

Mike was working on the frog pond when we got home.  He wanted to reroute a sprinkler this morning.  He was able to get it done though. The pond isn't finished, but it is looking good so far.  At least it is to a point that the kids could release their frogs and tadpoles in there.  I hope they are still there when we get home!
 Mike & Preston
 Preston & Jorja
 Mike & Jorja releasing tadpoles
 Jorja & Bill
 Bill...Jorja named all her frogs Bill
 Preston
 Mike
 Jorja
 Preston
 Mike & Jorja
 Jorja & Preston
 Preston
We left WAY behind schedule.  We couldn't find Maysen's temple recommend.  Brother Tanner was so nice to run to the church and interview her so she could get a new one.  Lots of little things like that added up and we weren't able to leave until 10:00.  Not the early start we were looking for, but at least we are on our way!
Maysen, Stockton, Preston, Jorja
 Mike, Maysen, Stockton, Preston, Jorja
Doesn't Mike look like he is excited to drive across the country?  The kids slept as we drove.  We only got as far as Evanston, Wyoming.  We have a long day of driving ahead of us tomorrow!

No comments: