Monday, July 6, 2015

Jorja's on the Snake!

I can not believe I did not take one picture today!  What a blog fail! Especially since today was amazing!  I was a bit worried because it was projected to rain all day.  It drizzled a little, but for the most part the weather was perfect.  Sharon took us river rafting down the Snake River today.  We started at West Table and we ended at Sheep Gulch.  I always forget which one is which, so I thought I would write it down. This was Jorja's first time river rafting.  She got to be the hood ornament.  That means she was the front of the boat crouched down, no paddling.  Some of the raft companies have them sit on the edge. That is just crazy!  Maysen and Stockton also came.  It was the first time paddling for both of them.  Maysen was really worried.  She thought the paddle would be ripped out of her hand.  She told Mike that if she was depended on for paddling the boat was going to go over for sure!  As we pushed off I turned to look at her.  She had tears in her eyes.  Jorja was also really scared.  She didn't know what to expect.  I told her she didn't have to go, but she would probably regret it if she didn't go.  Turns out all three of my kids loved it.  Maysen was surprised you don't get as wet paddling as you do a hood ornament. She stayed toasty warm in her wet suit.  Jorja hit the first wave and turned around with a giant grin on her face.  The grin stayed in place for the next two hours!  Jorja's hands were pretty cold when the ride was over.  Maysen, Stockton and Jorja all went belly whomping. Stockton was the best at it.  Jen and Becky also came the first run down.  Mike had his go-pro, so he got lots of film.  I'm just not sure how to get it on here.

Maysen, Stockton and Jorja went back to the cabin for the second run. They watched Jack and Preston.  Nate watched the little ones for the first run.  The second run down was just as fun as the first.  Jen pushed Nate in once she got the go-ahead from Sharon.  Sharon had us pull over at Lunch Counter.  There Mike, Nate and Jen all got in as a swimmer and floated through it.  Wow.  I didn't have any desire to get in the freezing cold water, so I was in charge of the raft.  Worked out well for me!

What a beautiful, exciting day!  Thank you Sharon for giving so much of your time to letting us have this experience!  Awesome.  Once we were back at the cabin Mike made a ton of spaghetti and Texas toast. We played Telestrations for awhile.  Sharon stayed with us because there was no room for her at her cabin.  She is so generous.  We went to bed pretty early by cabin standards.  It was about 10:00, so past my regular bedtime.  I was exhausted.  Having fun is sure a lot of work!

No comments: