Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Great Wolf Lodge Wisconsin Dells

What a great day we had!  We started off with a huge breakfast.  It was part of the package, so that was great.  We packed up and checked out of our room, then headed for the waterpark.  Preston and I found a room we never noticed as we were leaving the park yesterday.  That made it nice, because we were able to do a lot of new things.  Boy was that fun!  I brought my camera in for just a bit.  Yesterday the kids would lay down before the bucket would dump.  I wanted a picture of them doing that, so I made them do it first thing.  The first pictures are from my cell.
Stockton, Preston, Maysen, Jorja ~ before
 During
 After ~ Look at Maysen's hair!
Here is the same bucket dump, but Mike took these pictures with the big camera.  Man those kids got drenched!
 Stockton
 Stockton & Jorja
 Jorja, Preston, Stockton
 Jorja
 Stockton & Jorja
 Stockton
 Jorja
 Stockton
There was a wave pool in the other room.  Preston LOVED that!  He kept asking to go back.  The kids were so good to humor him so often.
Mike, Preston, Jorja, Stockton, Maysen
 Preston, Jorja, Mike, Stockton, Maysen
 Stockton, Jorja, Mike, Preston
 Stockton, Jorja
 Jorja, Preston & Mike
 Mike & Preston
 Preston & Stockton
 Maysen
On the website for this park, there were pictures of a racing slide.  We had no idea where it was.  Luckily when Mike was in the wave pool he spotted it!  We spent a long time there!  It was so much fun!  Plus there is a tube ride before the final drop.  That was a lot of fun.
Mike
 Looks pretty even between Stockton, Jorja & Maysen
 Stockton pulls ahead!
 Stockton, Jorja, Maysen
 There's Preston!
 Preston, Stockton, Jorja
 Preston, Stockton, Jorja, Maysen
We played for most of the day in the waterpark.  When we finished we cleaned ourselves up and headed back for another round of Magiquest.
Mike, Preston, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
Such a fun time.  I'm so glad we stopped to do this.  Jorja says we need to come back when she is 13 so she can have a wristband that will also be a room key.....and let her charge stuff.  Yikes!  Not sure that would be a good idea!  One annoying thing that happened was yesterday when we got to Great Wolf Lodge I was gathering up all the swim suits. Stockton's was gone!  I had packed one in his drawer, but it wasn't one of his favorites.  When he came home from dive camp, I hurried and did his and Jorja's laundry.  I asked Stockton which suit he would like. Anyway, I could not find it.  I finally decided I must have gone to switch the suits and gotten distracted after I took one out and before I put the other one in.  As you can see from the pictures, a swim suit at Great Wolf Lodge is a must!  We ended up buying him a new suit. Anyway, when we were packing up I found his suit!  It was a little damp, so I had put it somewhere else.  I am getting really annoyed with my memory. At least Stockton uses swim suits all the time, so no big deal.

We left around 8:00 with the hopes of getting past Chicago before we stopped.  I had gotten Preston & Jorja put to bed, but I let them watch a movie in their bunks.  Preston chose The Emperors New Grove.  Jorja watched Bugs Bunny.  Around 10:00 I was able to get all the kids to sleep.  I sat up front with Mike.  It was pretty scary!  There were so many toll roads.  The toll places were skinny for the motorhome to get through.  Plus, there were a ton of cars!  Going super fast!  If there are that many cars close to midnight, I would not want to try and drive this in a motorhome during the day!  Mike drove until Gary, Indiana.  We got there just past midnight.  We pulled into a truck stop and were very thankful to go to bed!

No comments: