Saturday, July 18, 2015

David, Mandy, Jordyn

I had a hard time sleeping.  I decided to just get up and drive.  I pulled out of the truck stop at 3:45 in the morning.  I got several hours down the road before other people woke up.  I was a little nervous, but wide awake.  When Mike woke up, he made me a breakfast burrito.  Mike loves to cook while I'm driving.  He thinks it's so cool.
We stopped at a Walmart to get a few things.  On an impulse, we bought the kids their own sketch pad.  We were looking for plain paper, but couldn't find any.  This will work out better anyway.  We got some colored pencils.  I think these will be well used.  Maysen got Jorja a How to Draw Cartoons book a few weeks ago.  She has been so excited to give it to her.
Jorja, Maysen, Preston
We drove the entire day.  We were planning on stopping at this cool bridge in Kearney, Nebraska, but with our late start yesterday I didn't feel we would have the time.  I was anxious to get to my cousins' house. Our day yesterday pretty much looked like this the entire time.
We arrived at David and Mandy's house around 7:00.  Jordyn was there too.  They waited for us for dinner.  So nice!  They served us Hawaiian Haystacks.  It was delicious!
Mike putting on the Nebraska sticker
 Nebraska Unlocked!
My kids had a great time playing with David and Mandy's kids.  I'm not going to write their names because I don't think David and Mandy would like that.  Hopefully they don't mind the few pictures I'm going to put on here.  They played What Are the Odds?  Lots of laughing was going on.
 Mandy, Stephanie, Jordyn
 David, Stephanie, Jordyn
Stockton read everyone a story before bed.  They were getting quite silly at this point.  I love seeing my kids have fun with my relatives. Even though I doubt they have ever met before.  I was so close to my cousins growing up.  I sure miss all of them.
Jorja read us scriptures out on the tramp.  Stockton, Jorja and Preston slept out there.  Weird that this is their first time sleeping on a tramp.  I slept on the Leatherwood's trampoline all the time growing up.  They were quite excited about it.
Stockton's head, Jorja, Preston
 Preston, Jorja, Stockton's thumb
 Three thumbs up!
Maysen slept on the couch.  Mike and I slept in the guest room.  I stayed up a bit talking to David and Mandy.  They have been so nice to us.  It really was great to see them again.

No comments: