Saturday, July 11, 2015

Dallin

My friend Heather's oldest boy Dallin is entering the MTC on Wednesday.  He will be serving in Korea.  Mike, Heather and I went to high school together.  Heather, Paul and I went to college together.  We all lived in Georgia together.  Well, they lived an hour away from us.  I was so happy when we discovered we lived in the same state!  I think Maysen was in 5th grade, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, the kids got to know each other a bit.  It has now been about 5 years since they have seen each other.  Anyways, Heather's family was throwing Dallin a party tonight in Utah.  I was excited to see Heather and her family.  I was also excited to show her my kids.  Heather and Paul are so nice! When Paul saw me he asked if Maysen was here.  I pointed to the rocks off in the background.  That is where Maysen found to hang out while I was busy with my friends.  Paul asked if Dallin had seen her.  When I told him no he called Dallin over.  Paul told Dallin that Maysen was here.  He pointed to the rocks and said she was in the purple shirt. Paul said, "She's grown up.  She's really cute now."  Or something like that. Dallin whispered back, "She's always been cute."  Then Dallin went over and talked with Maysen.  He was over there for a long time. I was kind of stunned.  Here is a super nice boy.  The party is being thrown for him, yet he takes the time to talk to Maysen.  Not just a polite, "It's nice to see you again", but really takes time to talk to her.  I have never seen anyone outside of family treat her so nice.  Paul and Heather have raised an amazing young man.  He is going to be a fantastic missionary. 
Dallin & Maysen
We had to leave the party early because we needed to get to the sports store before they closed.  I needed to buy Jorja cleats.  She has softball camp starting on Monday.  Yikes!    

1 comment:

Heather said...

Tears streaming down my face. I love you and your family. Thank you for supporting Dallin and for adding strength to me- I miss my son like crazy. Thank you for this.