Monday, July 13, 2015

BYU Sports Camp

I took Stockton, Josh and Jorja down to BYU for different sports camps.  Jorja was a little nervous last night and asked Mike to give her a father's blessing.  She felt more calm after that and has just been excited today.  It took me a bit to find the right place at the football stadium to check them in.  There they got their lanyards, shirts, bag and maps.  Their room building and room number was printed on their lanyard.  I dropped Josh and Stockton off first.  I let them off in front of their building.  They seemed fine not having me walk them in.  I asked Stockton before we left if I should take my big camera, or if he would take pictures and text them to me.  He wanted to take the picture.  I meant to take one of him and Josh before they walked away.  I forgot. Stockton didn't send me one, but at least he sent me one of Jorja and Rose.

Rose is Jorja's roommate for the week.  She is from Washington.  She is a pitcher and has been playing softball for six years.  She seems really nice.  I met her and her parents.  I was really relieved once I met Rose. I think she will get along great with Jorja.  The girls sent me a picture tonight.  Yep.  They're going to have fun!
Rose & Jorja
 Jorja & Rose
Stockton sent me this picture.  Later Jorja told me it was creepy because Stockton had one of his friends take the picture.  Jorja didn't know him.  I'm guessing it was Gage.

Preston had his last dive/swim meet.  I was asked to judge this time. What!?!  Mike said I had been around diving enough that I would be able to do it.  I threw out a couple of sevens along the way, because I could.  It was fun, but I like adding up the scores better.  Not as much pressure doing that.

Preston did great during his swim meet.  He got 10 seconds off of his best time on both freestyle and backstroke.  Nice work Preston!

No comments: