Sunday, July 26, 2015

Arlington and DC Temple

Everyone was able to take showers again this morning.  It's nice we can take a shower in the motorhome, but it is also really nice to take one inside.  My dad made scones and we went with Brett to 11:00 church. This was Brett & Rachel's first week in this ward.  At least they didn't have to worry about callings when we were here.  We went home after sacrament meeting.  I got a load of laundry going, my dad made dinner and we played a Dominion game.
Preston, Stockton, Marie, Brett (Dad making dinner)
We gave Marie her present today.  Her birthday is tomorrow, but I wasn't sure how crazy the morning would be.  I wrapped it nicely by sticking it under a box I found in Rachel's basement.  I'm fancy.
Marie with her beautifully wrapped present
 We gave her The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak
 Grandpa's reading the book to Marie
 She giggled her way through the entire book
 Marie reading a card from Grandpa
These next two pictures didn't turn out well, but Marie looks so darn cute!  When Marie opened her card dollar bills fell out in all directions. There were ten one dollar bills in there!  Marie loved that!  The next picture is her giving a hug to Grandpa, thanking him for her present.
Marie
 Marie & Grandpa
This afternoon we went back to D.C.  One of the things I really wanted to do was to go to Arlington. I thought it would be great if we could catch the changing of the guard.  Perfect thing to do on a Sunday.  I didn't realize how long the walk would be to get there.  The girls and I were all wearing our church shoes, which aren't the best for walking. Whoops.  We did make it to the Unknown Soldier a few minutes before the changing of the guard.  That was great!
When Grace didn't want to ride in her stroller, I convinced Jorja to take a ride.  Her shoes aren't too easy for her to walk in, especially downhill.
Stephanie & Jorja
 And Marie!
We stopped for a moment at the bottom of the hill and were talking with my dad and brother.  Marie was playing around near us with Preston.  All of a sudden we look at her and she has blood gushing down her leg.  She had fallen and gotten a pretty deep cut right below her knee.  I had her get back in the stroller and I ran her to the visitor center.  I took my shoes off because it is a lot harder to run in heels. Also, by this point I had rubbed the skin off on my little toe and my foot was hurting when I had my shoes on.  Anyway, I figured they would have bandaids at the visitor center.  Rachel has some in her car, but this would be much closer.  I was wrong.  They didn't have any, but they said they could call 911 if we needed them too.  It wasn't that big of a cut.  They did give me some paper towels and I headed to the bathroom to start cleaning her up.  I was so impressed that she didn't cry at all.  The blood made it look pretty bad.  Preston would have been a mess!  A lot of nice people helped me while I was in the bathroom scrubbing the blood off of her leg.  The janitor lady gave me an antiseptic wipe.  Another lady gave me three bandaids.  It was awhile before I was at the point where I could put the bandaids on.  I started to put the first one on when another lady asked me if I wanted a bigger bandaid.  Such nice people!

Our next stop was the Washington D.C. Temple.  Brett & Rachel were going to try to drive us the way that has the awesome temple view from the freeway.  Mike had my phone and camera in the other car.  I wanted to ask him to take a picture if we happened to go by.  I didn't want to use Rachel's phone because she was using the gps on it. Anyway, I tried to mime 'take a picture of the temple' out the window. I guess Mike thought I was asking him to take a picture of me!
Stephanie
 Oh boy.  That's attractive.
It didn't matter anyway because we didn't get the right road.  That's okay, because we got some pretty pictures of the temple close up.
Washington D.C. Temple
 Brett, Preston, Stockton, Grace, Stephanie
Mina, Marie, Maysen, Jorja
 Preston, Stockton, Maysen, Mike, Jorja
Stockton and Stephanie
 Stockton loves it when we take pictures together
 Stephanie & Preston ~ why is Preston looking down?
 He is annoyed with Jorja and doesn't want her in his picture
Marie was so cute and took us to her favorite part of the visitor center. She likes this interactive video.  Rachel took our family back before Brett brought my dad and his kids.  I was able to work on the laundry and Mike was able to watch the Battlebot championship with the kids. Mike did not want to miss that.  They had been planning on watching it all week.  I finished laundry and some of my blog (Washington D.C. post) around 1:30 in the morning.  Marie and Mina are sleeping outside with Jorja.  Maysen and my dad are sleeping inside.  I'm going to be super tired tomorrow, but I knew I would be feeling anxious all day if I didn't get the Washington D.C. post done.
  
I got Jorja this hat yesterday.  It came with the shirt.  I asked her if she would wear this hat instead of the General RV hat that she always wears.  I looked a long time yesterday for cool Smithsonian shirts for the kids.  The one I liked best was a sweatshirt.  I didn't feel like buying the kids sweatshirts in this heat!
Jorja
I wish we could visit Brett longer.  I wish we could spend Marie's birthday with her.  I wish we had a new baby to hold!  I tried to talk Rachel into coming to New York with us.  I explained how they could fit in the motorhome and where everyone would fit.  Apparently Rachel thinks she needs to pick her mom up at the airport.  I'm sure her mom would understand if she wasn't there.  Just kidding!  Rachel said that she needs the baby not to come until Thursday.  Marie is having her birthday party on Wednesday and her mom is going to help her with that.  Then she wants the baby to come before her mom leaves.  At least her mom will be with her for two weeks!

No comments: