Monday, June 29, 2015

Softball and Judging

We had a crazy day once again.  Crazy summer days are great!  Just makes the summer fly by, which isn't always great.  I took Preston to diving, then went and got Stockton and Josh and took them to diving. It sounds like I could just take them together, but they're diving at different places and times. Convenient, I know.  I hurried back to pick up Preston from swimming.  His swimming class is right after his diving class.  Makes it nice for me, but long for him.  I brought him home and went to find Jorja.  She was in the backyard with Erica. Jorja won an auction to get a softball session with Erica.  Jorja has been really excited about this!  This morning was the best day for both of them.  They were so fun to watch.  Erica really knows her stuff and was so nice to Jorja.  We found out a few days ago that Erica will be at the same softball camp as Jorja.  Jorja is so excited about that!  Even though they will be in different talent levels, it will be nice for Jorja to see a friendly familiar face once in awhile.
Erica & Jorja
I love Jorja's smile
Erica was the starting catcher as a freshman for her high school.
 Erica showing Jorja the proper way to warm up before hitting
 Erica with her dad
Jorja LOVED this time with Erica.  Erica ended up being here for one hour and 45 minutes.  I hope Jorja can remember all the information Erica gave her!  Once Erica left we had 15 minutes to get Maysen and Jorja to the church.  They were meeting there for Girls' Camp.  I waited with the girls before they left.  One of the girls cut herself with a pocketknife before they even got in the cars.  Luckily her mom was there and rushed her to the hospital for stitches.  Off to a great start!

Preston had a dive/swim meet today.  It was at our neighborhood pool. The host pool is in charge of getting two judges for dive.  The visitors need to provide one.  Mike usually has his wife or one of his kids judge. They couldn't make it today.  Mike used Stockton as the other judge. Stockton was kind of nervous, but ended up loving it.  It was a great experience for him as well.  Pretty awesome!
Judge Stockton
I couldn't get a great picture because I was also working the scoring table.  I snuck up and took this one.  Stockton didn't expect me and I didn't ask him to smile because the meet was in progress.  Preston competed a front flip for the first time.  He made it around most of the way, so that was good. After the swim/dive meet the boys wanted to go out for dinner.  Preston REALLY wanted Jamba Juice.  We ended up getting that and Pizza Hut.  We were all exhausted at the end of the day.  I wonder how the girls are doing?  Hope they are having fun!

No comments: