Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Rae & Becky

Super, super busy day.  I got up early and went trail running with my friends.  The weather was perfect and it was so beautiful!  I had to turn back early because I was anxious to get back to Maysen.  We needed to leave for her Internship at 7:20.  If I leave then, I can usually get back by 8:45.  That is right when Preston's diving starts.  I have Stockton get Preston ready for me.  Once he finishes his diving, I race home and pick up Stockton and Josh.  I drive them to their diving at a different pool with platforms.  Then back to Preston to pick him up from swim practice.  Drop him off at home and head to Cottonwood to pick up Stockton and Josh.  Gage needed a ride to the scuba store after, so we made a quick stop there.  (Gage's family either works at or owns the store where Mike, Maysen and I got certified last summer.)  I dropped the boys off and then headed up to American Fork to pick up Maysen.  I was a little worried that I wouldn't get back home in time.  My friend was going to meet me.  Anyway, right before I leave I notice Maysen sent me a message that said she couldn't take the statistics class at the community college because she hadn't sent them her ACT scores. AHHHHH!  Maysen and I raced to her high school.  Luckily the same lady that helped us before was there.  She had us feel out a sheet requesting her ACT scores be sent to the college.  She said she would mail them out tomorrow.  I hope she does.  What a pain it has been to figure out this cancelled class!  Anyways, we ran out of the school and headed home lickety split.  Right as we turned on our street Stockton called to say my friends had arrived.  So glad we made it!

Rae and Becky came to visit me!  I was so excited!  I was really good friends with Rae back in Georgia.  Maysen and Ephraim are the same age, so are Stockton and Moses.  Becky is Rae's sister.  I didn't know her as well.  I met her a few times when she came to things with Rae, and I heard a lot about her.  She moved to Arizona a little before I moved to Utah.  Anyway, Rae's oldest boy, Noah, went into the MTC today.  He got his mission call to Washington.  Rae stopped at my house after the MTC.  How fun is that?  We talked and talked and talked.  So fun to see her again.  We didn't realize how late it was and then had to scatter!  Rae & Becky were heading to Idaho Falls and hoping to make it before it got dark.  Preston had his swim meet down in Salt Lake.  We ended up missing warm-ups, but it was worth it!
Becky, Rae & Stephanie  
Preston is SO funny!  I love watching him swim.  I love his outlook on life!  If you look closely at this picture, you can see that his goggles flipped.  Kind of hard to swim like that!
Preston
Preston finished his back stroke in about 57 seconds.  It was a 25 meter back stroke, and Preston's best time.  Of course, all of the other kids had been out of the pool for awhile.  When I told Preston he swam it in 57 seconds he said in disbelief, "I didn't know I was swimming so fast!" I love that kid!  Such a positive outlook on life.  What a joy!

No comments: