Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inside Out

We took the kids to see Inside Out today.  Jorja also took two of her friends, Hailey and Kate.  I loved the movie.  I usually love anything Pixar does.  Brave was an exception.  I didn't like that one at all.  I loved how Inside Out shows that sadness is okay and needed.  I loved the shorts at the end.....seeing into the control centers of others.  The dog, the cat, the bus driver, the boy who sees a girl.  Haha!

Mike and I walked up to the pool tonight to go to Jonathan Tanner's birthday party.  They had a taco truck which was delicious!  We just hung out in the pavilion, ate tacos and cupcakes and talked.  My kids would have been extremely bored, but it was great.  Stephanie Waddoups was there.  She has one more dose of the horrible chemo, then she gets to do Taxol.  I told her not to get her hopes up on Taxol. (I meant that it was still going to real havoc on her body.)  I don't envy her one bit.  She is only one year older than I am.  So glad I had a mastectomy years ago!

Mike and I walked home with Bryce and Becky.  They just got back from an Alaskan cruise today.  It was fun hearing about their adventures.  Bryce's family took everyone.  Lots of cousins!  Mike's parents did that when Maysen was a baby.  It was a lot of fun.  It would be awesome if our kids had been able to experience something like that when they were older.  We had a great time with just Maysen though. We have had a wonderful life so far!  Bryce was saying that he isn't the biggest cruise fan.  Too much food.  Mike told him he was still waiting to hear the downside.

We are so blessed to live in such an awesome area with amazing kids.  I feel completely lucky.

No comments: