Saturday, June 27, 2015

Ella's Baptism

Ella was baptized today!  She looked so beautiful!  This is the only non-blurry picture I got of her.
Ella
 Blurry, but I love her smile
 Ella hugging her Uncle Dustin
Stockton was disappointed that he wasn't able to come.  Preston gave the opening prayer and Maysen led the music.  Jorja said the closing prayer.  Natalie and I both gave talks.  The baptism was really nice. Ella's hair was awesome.  I wish I knew how to do my girls' hair like that.  Nice to have it not all dripping wet during the conformation. During my talk I told a story James' mom had told me.  James is the boy who hurt his eye yesterday.  She told me of being on vacation and that her four kids were playing on a rail like thing.  They were walking on it and being silly.  Her youngest daughter, Annabelle, finally decided to give it a try.  She walked on it bended over.  Her hands clung really, really tight.  She was the only one who didn't fall off the rail.  This is like the Holy Ghost and the Iron Rod.  We need to cling tight, just like a child so we do not fall.  If we do fall, we pick ourselves up and hop back on again.  Anyway, that is kind of what I talked about.  I just had a general story in my mind, so I can't get it word for word down here. After the baptism we went to another room next to the kitchen and had cookies.  It was a great day.

Stockton made it home today.  We were playing Dominion with Matt and Sam.  Mike noticed Stockton was in our back yard.  He threw his stuff, bike and all, over the fence.  I was so glad to have him home!  I also won the Dominion game . . . by a lot!  That was an added bonus to an awesome day.

No comments: